Seller Central contains a set of predefined public holidays. When estimating ship dates and delivery dates, public holidays do not count as operating days. You are able to view the upcoming public holidays in Seller Central that are excluded from counting towards your estimated shipping date calculation. You also have the ability to customise your holiday settings to match your operational schedule and capacity. If you wish to handle and fulfill customer orders on public holidays, you may override these predefined holidays and have them count as operating days by using the Holiday settings widget in Seller Central.
To override* public holidays in Seller Central:
1. In Seller Central, go to Settings > Shipping settings.
2. Click ‘Edit’ next to ‘Holidays’.
3. After clicking ‘Edit’, you should see a list of predefined public holidays. Select the holiday(s) that you want to override and count as operating day(s) by clicking the corresponding checkbox(es).
4. Click Save.
5. Go back to the Shipping settings page. The holiday(s) that you overrode will be tagged as ‘Set as operating day’.
Monday through Friday are considered mandatory operating days for order fulfilment. You now have the option to turn on Saturday and Sunday as additional operating days if you wish. This option can help you offer customers a more competitive delivery experience. When turned on, these days will be considered towards the calculation of the Estimated Ship Date, that is, you will be required to ship out orders on Saturday and Sunday. You can choose either Saturday or Sunday as an operating day to make a six-day working week or both days for a seven-day working week. Turning on Saturday and/or Sunday as operating days is entirely optional.
To enable* weekends as an operating day for your account:
1. In Seller Central, go to Settings and click Shipping Settings
2. Under General Shipping Settings, identify the Order Fulfillment Settings section and click Edit
3. Under General Fulfillment Settings, look for Weekend Operation Settings and check the box for Saturday and/or Sunday operations based on your business needs.
4. Click Save.
Note: * Before enabling weekends as operating days or overriding public holidays, make sure to validate with all the carriers you operate with that they can support you with pickups and deliveries for the weekend days or public holidays you want to activate.